Chairman & CEO, Stagwell
– Digital Marketing Expert
– Former Microsoft Chief Strategist
– Presidential Pollster & Strategist
– NYTimes Best-Selling Author
- FROM $0 to $2.5B Launched Stagwell in 2015 and grew it to $2.5B in under seven years. Took Stagwell public in 2021, achieving faster growth than legacy holdcos.
- LEADING TECH EXEC Asked by Steve Ballmer to join Microsoft and revitalize Bing in 2012; rose to EVP & Chief Strategy Officer running Microsoft’s $2 billion advertising budget and taking the company to the Super Bowl
- C-SUITE INNOVATOR advising key corporate clients including AT&T, Microsoft, Ford, Merck, etc.
- GLOBAL PR GURU Served as CEO of Burson-Marsteller from 2006 – 2012, running a global PR and public affairs firm with an 80+ market footprint and tripling profits
- MAKER OF WORLD LEADERS Served as strategist and presidential pollster for President Clinton for six years, advisor to Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair and leaders in 30 countries
- FATHER OF MODERN POLLING Founded Penn and Schoen in 1975 with his Harvard roommate and devised key overnight polling methods. Brains behind “soccer moms.”
- AUTHOR & TREND SPOTTER Wrote NYT Bestselling “Microtrends” and “Microtrends Squared” identifying trends shaping business, politics and culture
Point of View
Mark Penn has extensive experience in a range of industries, ranging from market research and political polling to big tech and corporate leadership. He continues to be active in conversations around cutting edge issues related to marketing, consumers, technology and politics, and is available for conversation on the following:
- Brands & Politics
- Digital Marketing in the Financial Markets
- Privacy, Data and Consumers
- Midterms 2022
- The Promise & Perils of the Metaverse
The Latest from Mark:
In the news, on stage, and in print
Press Releases, Talent & Awards
Aug 12, 2022
Data, Marketing Frontiers, Thought Leadership
Aug 09, 2022
Want to connect with to Mark?
Send us a message and we’ll get right back to you.
+1 646 429 1800
One World Trade Center,
New York, NY 10007